Tax Enquiry Fee Protection Service
For many years and in current economic times, HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has put extra resources into trying to acquire more tax. As a result, clients face an increased risk of an enquiry into their tax affairs. In addition HMRC now have wider powers. Using these powers HMRC can now undertake an informal check of all areas of a taxpayer's affairs within a single visit or enquiry. HMRC use the powers more frequently and as a consequence enquiries will be more complex and the cost of responding even higher.
We have a Tax Enquiry Fee Protection Service for all our clients. The Service is backed by an insurance policy under which we can claim the costs of defending clients in tax enquiries.
Defending clients in these circumstances is an area in which we have considerable expertise but the costs can be extensive as enquiries or disputes can drag on for many months. It is in HMRC's interest to drag out issues and make tax payers feel uncomfortable. Even if no additional tax is found to be due, you or your business would be faced with additional fees incurred. Exceed wants to protect clients as much as possible from these costs.
As an added benefit to our existing clients we have decided to include this with our service offerings and include practical advice via a direct access telephonic based advice service about the complex areas of Health & Safety and Employment Law. (Tel: 0844 892 2807 - Option 1)
We provide cover via Taxwise Limited. This provides cover against additional fees for up to £50,000 for the following events:
- Attendance at any meeting with or dealing with any correspondence from HMRC.
- Income & Corporation Tax Self-Assessment Full & Aspect Enquiries.
- VAT Disputes & Employer Compliance Disputes (PAYE/P11D/P9D/NIC/IR35/CIS).
- Automatic private individual cover for all Directors or Partners for their personal tax returns (as long as we complete their Tax Returns and they show no other self-employed income).
In order to be clear about the service provisions, please note that some costs will not be covered by this service, including the following:
- Outstanding taxes, fines, penalties, interest or any amounts due to HMRC
- Pre-existing enquiries or disputes & tax returns submitted outside statutory time limits i.e. late returns
- The defence of criminal prosecutions and investigations
- Routine Compliance work i.e. fees incurred in respect of the routine presentation of a client’s tax affairs
- Removes the uncertainty of unexpected defence costs.
- Allows Exceed to defend your case.
- Gives you the resources to achieve a fair result.
- Gives you telephone access to our employment law and health & safety consultants.
Please contact us today about this service and how it can benefit you at